The Tajrish Square itself is known as Sar-e Pol-e Tajrish (. This square is actually a vast bridge on top of a qanat river. In older times the locals used to call this bridge Gowgal, meaning “[The Bridge] of the Cow Herd.The location of the neighborhood was once an ancient village, and in 1788, the Qajar dynasty choose this as their capital. It is known for its mountainous landscape. The area was often used as a summer retreat by city residents.